The MDO Chinese Young Scientist Travel Award will provide finical support to senior graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in Chinese universities and DMPK research organizations. The award will cover meeting registration fees, but not hotel or transportation expenses. The Award is established to acknowledge the excellence of drug metabolism research performed by young Chinese scientists, and to enable them to participate and present their work at the MDO2010 meeting.
Award Application Process
· The deadline for submitting applications for the Award is March 15, 2010. To qualify, an applicant has to be the first author on an abstract submitted for a poster presentation at the MDO2010 meeting. Please follow the instructions for abstract preparation described at www.mdo2010.org.
· Applications to the Award, including a completed application form (see below) and an abstract, should be sent via email to Dr. Mingshe Zhu (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND Dr. Yan Li (email@example.com). The Application Form has to be signed by the applicant and the applicant’s academic or scientific advisor. The signed Application Form should be scanned and then attached with email.
· Applications will be reviewed by the Award Committee (see below), which consists of drug metabolism scientists. Winners will be selected based on the quality and potential significance of the research presented in their abstracts. Award Notification will be sent to award receipts and their advisors by April 1, 2010, via e-mail.
· Award recipients will receive free registration for attending the MDO2010 meeting, as well as a Certificate for the Award. It is anticipated that the Award will be issued to 70 graduate students and 20 postdoctoral fellows; however, the total number of Award issued will depend on the amounts of donation received by April 1, 2010.
· If an Award receipt is not able to attend the meeting and to present the submitted research, he/she should inform the Award Committee immediately, so that the fund could be used for other applicants.
Jun-Yan Hong (USA), Jenny Zheng (CHINA), Mingshe Zhu (USA), Anthony L (USA), Yan Li, (CHINA), Eric Yang (CHINA), Sylvia Zhao (CHINA), Hequn Yin (CHINA), Magang Shou (USA), Xingrong Liu (USA), Qin Ji (USA)